Emergency preparedness starts with you and some small steps that you can take to keep you, your family and your community safe. This section of the website will provide you with resources and information on how to get prepared.
- For resources on how to develop your personal disaster plan, how to put together a disaster supplies kit, and what to do to get informed or involved see the “Personal Preparedness” page for specifics.
- For information on how to become involved in our CERT (Community Emergency Response Teams) program and received free 20-hour training on topics like how to extinguish small fires, medical triage, light search & rescue, disaster psychology, etc. see the “CERT” page for specifics.
- If your organization (school, faith-based organization, service club, community group, etc) would like to have someone from our department come out to do a presentation or have a booth at your event, see the “Request a presentation” page to submit a request.
- If you are looking for an event where we will be presenting emergency preparedness information, see the “Events Calendar” page for details.
- If you are looking for resources specific to young children, see the “Kids Corner” page for fun interactive sites where kids will learn how to become prepared.
- Lastly, if you are looking for additional resources, see the “Resources” page for links to a variety of organizations that also provide emergency preparedness information.