East County CERT
What is required:
Successfully complete the Nine (9) modules CERT Online Basic Training Course between March 1 and March 31, 2023. At the end of each module, there is a quiz that must be passed prior to going to the next module. At the end of the 9 modules there will be a final, open book exam.
The on-line portion is approximately 12 - 14 hours. The course can be taken at any time and you can complete as many section as you like with each login.
Completion of this section is required in order to move on to Part 2.
Participate in the final Search and Rescue exercise on Saturday, April 8, 2023, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Parts 1 and 2 must be fully completed in order to become an East County CERT volunteer team member. As space is limited, please do not sign up for this training unless you have the time to fully complete the entire course and participate in the Search and Rescue exercise.
All volunteers must meet these baseline requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Agree to and successfully pass a criminal background check. Must be completed before we can issue CERT ID card. (No charge to applicant, Fees paid by East County CERT)
- Attend a minimum of three bi-monthly CERT general meetings per year
- Volunteer for three public events per calendar year or actively participate on one of our CERT subcommittees
- Completion of FEMA IS 100 & IS 200 on-line classes (Free)
- Attend the following supplemental training classes:
- Shelter Operations
- Shelter Hands On Training
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications for this year's CERT academy.
Our next Basic Training Academy will be held in Spring of 2024. Please watch this space for future information. You can also contact Andy McKellar, CERT Program Manager, for more information about our program.