Fireworks are often used to mark special events and holidays.
The only safe way to view fireworks is to attend a professional show. With many professional firework shows being canceled this year, it is important to know that fireworks are not safe in the hands of consumers. Fireworks cause thousands of injuries each year.
A few ideas to get into the patriotic spirit, without fireworks:
- Use glow sticks, they glow in the dark and are a safe alternative to a sparkler. Fun for all ages.
- Loud and proud. Noise makers are sure to make a statement. They can be found at local party supply stores or make your own.
- Outdoor movie night. Set up a screen and projector. Don’t forget the bugspray!
- Red, white and blue silly string…fun for all ages.
- Make a patriotic craft with the family.
- Throw a birthday party for the USA, and don’t forget the cake!